The Central Library of Chaudhary Devi Lal University came into existence in April 2003 in Tagore Bhawan of the University. It was shifted to the present impressive four storey building in the year 2010. The Chief Minister Haryana inaugurated the new building to the name of Swami Vivekananda, spiritual leader ,philosopher and great author . The library is rich collection of publications which include books, Indian and foreign journals, theses/dissertations, reports, newspapers and magazines etc. It is centraly located in the campus and approachable to all the academic departments, Offices, hostels and also to the campus residents , and all the reading areas are spacious, peaceful and furnished with comfortable furniture. The outlook of the library is decorated with beautiful lawns besides a sufficient space for parking special attention is given to the facilities of drinking water, light system and security system. The Wi-Fi system is made available in the library to provide easy access of internet to the readers into various sections and reading halls.
|2||Social Science Section|
|5||Thesis and Dissertation Section|
|7||SC/ST Book Bank|
|9||Gifted book Corner|
Library CollectionsThe library collection consists of Books, Refrences Books, Text Books, Print Journals, Newspapers, Dissertation, E-Journals & Database.
|2||Question papers bank||201 sets|
|3||SC/ST Book Bank||2837|
|4||Indian and Foreign Journals||118|
|5||Theses and Dissertation||835|
|9||Books in regional languages||535 (approx.)|
|10||Books for Competitive examination||500 (approx.)|
|1||Issue and Return of books|
|2||SC/ST Book Bank|
|4||News papers & Magazines|
|5||Reading hall 03 (Air Conditioning)|
E-Resources available through INFLIBNET Shodh Sindhu Consortium
|Sr.No.||Resources Name||Resource URL||Journals|
|1.||Economics & Political Weekly||http://eqw.in/||1|
|7.||Taylor & Francis||https://www.tandfonline.com/||1079|
|14.||BloomsBurry Collection E-Books||https://www.bloomsburycollections.com/||206|
|15.||National Digital Library of India||
Plagiarism prevention software
ShodhShuddhi provides access to Plagiarism Detection Software (PDS) to Universities.
Library IT Infrastructure
The University Library is fully automated with Library Management Software, which functions from cataloging to security protocols are integrated. The acquisition, cataloging, circulation, serials controlling, catalog access and secutity protocols come under the purview of automation. The Onlne Public Access Catalog (OPAC) system in the University Library is enabled with LMS which allows cataloging of diverse resources such as books, journals, articles, slides, maps, audio/video, films, cassettes, texts, drawings, clippings, serial publications, softwares and so on. OPAC enables searching through clusters like Author, keyword, Subject, Class, Title, Publisher, Place of publication, Main entry, Material type, place of conference, Subject name, ISBN/ ISSN, Series titles. Serials title and Year of publication. It also supports circulation, acquisition, front desk operations, Serials Control and data entry in vernacular languages.
Library Ethics Rules
The students, teachers and staff of the university are entitled for membership in the University Library. University library published library manual that deals with the important functions of University Library and delineates polices about its activities such as collection development, provision of information services and management of other academic support facilities with the expectation to bring clarity and uniformity in procedures and practices of the library and improve its efficiency, utility and services Following ethics are effective:-
- • (i) All the members are required to maintain proper discipline within the library premises, and observe library rules strictly.
- • (ii) Silence shall be observed in the Library.
- • (iii) Visitors found taking loudly, shouting or quarreling with other visitors of staff members or indulging in eve-teasing or any other act of indiscipline shall be liable to punishment as per University Rules.
- • (iv) Smoking/spitting in the Library is strictly prohibited.
- • (v) No combustible material such as match-stick etc. shall be allowed to be taken inside the Library.
- • (vi) Damage to the Library property may lead to withdrawal of library privileges, and in serious cases, heavily find and other disciplinary action.
- • (vii) Only light writing material shall be allowed inside the library. Personal books, files, rain-coats, umbrellas etc. shall be deposited at the property counter of the library.
- • (viii) Any member, who is found guilty of taking a book out of the library without authorization, shall be liable to withdrawal of library privileges and/or fine. The quantum of punishment shall be determined by the University Librarian, keeping in view the intention involved and the availability of proof.
- • (ix) The University Librarian shall be competent to impose any or more of the following penalties, if any student is found guilty of any act of indiscipline. (a) Warning (b) Fine (c) Temporary or permanent withdrawal of library facilities or cancellation of membership. (d) Banning entry into the library on temporary or permanent basis.
1. Books are issued for a period of 14 days.
2. The borrower is liable to pay overdue charges as per rules if the book is not returned by the due date.
3. Book may have to be recalled earlier, if urgently required.
4. Book lost, defaced or injured in any way shall have to be replaced or its cost will be recovered as per rules.
5. There should be no scribbling, writing, marking or tearing of pages, Check the book carefully when you borrow and point out damage to the librarian immediately.
HELP TO KEEP THIS BOOK FRESH & CLEAN
Monday to Saturday from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Three reading hall round the clock (9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M).
(Library will remain closed on 03 national Holidays i.e. Republic day, Independence Day & Gandhi Jayanti)
|Prof. Silender Singh||Librarian (Additional Charge)|
|Mr. Anil Kumar||Assistant|
|Mr. Raj Kumar||Library Attendant|
Staff through Outsourcing Agency
|Library Professional Assistant||03|
Library Advisory Committee
Library Committee acts subject to the control of Academic Council, the general management of University Library shall be the responsibility of the Library Committee which formulates library policies for the guidance of the University Librarian. The Library Committee consists of the following:
|3||All the deans of Faculties||Member|
|4||All the Chairpersons of the UTDs||Members|
|5||Two teachers nominated by the Vice-Chancellor||Member|
The Vice-Chancellor may associate any other functionary/expert with the Committee. The nominated members of the committee shall hold office for two years.